St. Mary's Cemetery of North Bay, North Bay, Nipissing District, Ontario, Canada


Arbre:  

Latitude: 46.3834, Longitude: -79.36632
St. Mary's Cemetery of North Bay

Notes:
Carte du Cimetière.
Map of Cemetery.
Widdifield, formerly an independent township, was first surveyed in 1883 and named for Ontario MPP Joseph Henry Widdifield. It was amalgamated into the city in 1968, at the same time as West Ferris.

The pre-amalgamation boundary between North Bay and Widdifield extended along a line from Trout Lake to Lake Nipissing. The city's Lansdowne and Norwood Avenues, in the Gateway neighbourhood, marked part of the municipal boundary. The township also includes the smaller neighbourhoods of Cooks Mills, Feronia, Fricker, Hornell Heights, Lounsbury, Pinewood, Thibeault Terrace, Trout Mills and Wallace Heights.

A neighbourhood in the northeastern corner of the city, near Widdifield Forest Provincial Park, retains the Widdifield name. Widdifield Secondary School is also the name of one of the city's main public high schools.

The old Widdifield Fire Tower still stands on Tower Road with its cupola removed. It is now used as a radio tower for the O.P.P. In the winter of 1965 the tower was used in scenes from the old CBC TV show The Forest Rangers.


Photos de Cimetières

   Vignette   Description 
1
ARBOUR EDWARD (1917-1983)  LALONDE RITA (1921-1974)
ARBOUR EDWARD (1917-1983) LALONDE RITA (1921-1974)
ARBOUR EDWARD (1917-1983) LALONDE RITA (1921-1974)